That seems like an awfully small niche.
Here’s a cracker sent in by Kat Harbourne.
Actual plurals are often tricky to get right, so why bother? Just stick to the single form and use an apostrophe – that’ll be fine. However, in this example, at least the apostrophe abuse is consistent in its application. As Kat points out, it’s the classic Capitalisation Of Every Single Word Just Because It’s A Sign that irritates.
To avoid embarrassment and accidentally insulting the blushing bride to be, it is important to understand the difference between bridal and bridle.
He should be careful, I hear she kicks like a mule.
Also, writing the whole invitation in inconsistent Title Case makes it hard to read. I particularly hate the following “sentence”.
And put, Aprils Name on it.
Shall we count the errors together? Fragment, unnecessary capitalisation, unnecessary comma, missing possessive apostrophe; I make that four errors in six words. Not bad!
What would Diana say? Daily Mail: Apostrophe Fail, originally uploaded by Clive Andrews. Do they not know that the misuse of apostrophes may lead to cancer? While I'm bashing that horrid rag, I'd ...
It's always a delight when an establishment is unswervingly dedicated to getting things wrong. Further to a previous post about rampant quotation mark abuse at a Nottingham furniture shop, GrammarBlog's Nottingham correspondent Samantha Moran has spotted another case of WRONG at the very same shop....
Seen on the ever brilliant Failblog. My finding of this picture (yep, that was a gerund correctly preceded by the genitive pronoun, thanks ...
Indefinate, originally uploaded by ...
- Back with a Bang! (but no bullets)
- Brimful of Error’s
- You’re getting married to a horse?
- The Daily Mail is corrupting our children!
- All part of the servis
- Undeniably indelible
- Indefinate Delay
- Inglourious Grammar Nazi Basterds
- Drinking in the old fashion days
- All four one
Browse the Archive »
“Finally, you polish the sport to perfection through...”
“This post will assist the internet people for setting up new blog or even a...”
“You actually make it appear so easy together with your...”
“Most protein shakes are loaded with sugar, fat, and other ingredients...”
“Hello, i feel that i saw yyou visited my wweb site so i came to refurn...”
- AA Gill Abuse in Signage apostrophe Apostrophe Abuse BBC cartoon crisis of faith errors exclamation marks facebook foreign language spelling errors friends fun funny grammar guardian headlines language lyrics marketing copy menus Miscellaneous newspapers pet peeves Photos prepositions Punctuation Pundrity quotation marks randomised caps Rants signs Spelling spelling errors Stephen Fry The List the Times top ten twitter Typography Typos vague video vitriol vocabulary