That seems like an awfully small niche.
Here’s a cracker sent in by Kat Harbourne.
Actual plurals are often tricky to get right, so why bother? Just stick to the single form and use an apostrophe – that’ll be fine. However, in this example, at least the apostrophe abuse is consistent in its application. As Kat points out, it’s the classic Capitalisation Of Every Single Word Just Because It’s A Sign that irritates.
To avoid embarrassment and accidentally insulting the blushing bride to be, it is important to understand the difference between bridal and bridle.
He should be careful, I hear she kicks like a mule.
Also, writing the whole invitation in inconsistent Title Case makes it hard to read. I particularly hate the following “sentence”.
And put, Aprils Name on it.
Shall we count the errors together? Fragment, unnecessary capitalisation, unnecessary comma, missing possessive apostrophe; I make that four errors in six words. Not bad!
What would Diana say? Daily Mail: Apostrophe Fail, originally uploaded by Clive Andrews. Do they not know that the misuse of apostrophes may lead to cancer? While I'm bashing that horrid rag, I'd ...
It's always a delight when an establishment is unswervingly dedicated to getting things wrong. Further to a previous post about rampant quotation mark abuse at a Nottingham furniture shop, GrammarBlog's Nottingham correspondent Samantha Moran has spotted another case of WRONG at the very same shop....
Seen on the ever brilliant Failblog. My finding of this picture (yep, that was a gerund correctly preceded by the genitive pronoun, thanks ...
Indefinate, originally uploaded by ...
- Back with a Bang! (but no bullets)
- Brimful of Error’s
- You’re getting married to a horse?
- The Daily Mail is corrupting our children!
- All part of the servis
- Undeniably indelible
- Indefinate Delay
- Inglourious Grammar Nazi Basterds
- Drinking in the old fashion days
- All four one
Browse the Archive »
“I do not even understand how I ended up right here, however I believed this publish was great. I do...”
“I am truly thankful to the owner of this web site who has shared this impressive...”
“I have read so many content regarding the blogger...”
“If you want to take a great deal from this article then you have...”
“Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your blog...”
- AA Gill Abuse in Signage apostrophe Apostrophe Abuse BBC cartoon crisis of faith errors exclamation marks facebook foreign language spelling errors friends fun funny grammar guardian headlines language lyrics marketing copy menus Miscellaneous newspapers pet peeves Photos prepositions Punctuation Pundrity quotation marks randomised caps Rants signs Spelling spelling errors Stephen Fry The List the Times top ten twitter Typography Typos vague video vitriol vocabulary